About this book
The authors of this book, edited by Marcus Matthias Keupp, provide a thorough and contemporary analysis of the Northern Sea Route. Academics, liner operators, entrepreneurs and intelligence analysts with an interest in the Northern Sea Route are informed in detail about maritime challenges, novel business models, and the security and regulatory framework of this potential alternative to the Suez Canal. The authors summarize twenty years of research on the Northern Sea Route and present original material and novel research results never published before. Written from an interdisciplinary, balanced, and neutral perspective, the opportunities and challenges of the Northern Sea Route are discussed in the light of both local regulation and international law.
- Strategic analysis of the general policy and security framework of the Northern Sea Route
- The influence of international law and local politics on the Northern Sea Route
- Maritime logistics of the Northern Sea Route (vessel construction, cost analysis, navigation, regulation)
- Management focused analysis: Commodities, routes, yields, potential business models
· Researcher and students in the field of international business with a focus on maritime logistics
· Managers and economists with an interest in international business and strategic analysis; business consultants in maritime logistics; liner operators, charterers, and ship financers; intelligence analysts
About the Editor
PD Dr. Marcus Matthias Keupp leads the department of defense management of the Military Academy at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich.