About this book
Christian A. Ullrich investigates the optimization potential of integrated supply chain scheduling approaches. Considering a company-internal supply chain, the author´s first research question is whether the results of integrating machine scheduling and vehicle routing are significantly better than those of classic decomposition approaches which break down the overall problem and solve the subproblems successively. The scope is then broadened to include the machine and transportation scheduling problems of two and more companies at consecutive supply chain stages. The last part of this dissertation addresses supply chain contracting issues.
- Integrated machine scheduling and vehicle routing
- Multiple-stage transportation and production scheduling
- R&D investment sharing contracts
- Researchers and students in the field of supply chain management, operations research, scheduling, contracting, operations management
- Practitioners involved in SCM, logistics, operations management, software engineering
Dr. Christian A. Ullrich obtained his doctorate degree at Bielefeld University (chair of business administration, management accounting & operations management), Germany.