About this book
Paying with mobile devices such as mobile phones or smart phones will expand worldwide in the coming years. This development provides opportunities for various industries (banking, telecommunications, credit card business, manufacturers, suppliers, retail) and for consumers.
The book comprehensively describes current status, trends and critical aspects of successful mobile payment. It combines theory and practice. Comprising essential aspects of a successful mobile payment as well as successful case studies and practical examples, this book is for all who are developing, offering and using mobile payment.
Definition and characteristics - failures and successes - ingredients to success - What can prevail in the market? - Technologies, security, trust and regulatory requirements - Successful models of practice - Case Studies - Final Review
Decision makers in banks and telecommunication
Specialists in strategy, payments, security and fraud, mobile technologies
Thomas Lerner has been an adviser to banks, telecommunications and industrial companies since the 1990s and works in mobile business/payment in different projects with banks and telecommunications companies.
- Book Title Mobile Payment
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-03251-7
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2013
- Publisher Name Springer Vieweg, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-03250-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-03251-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 180
- Number of Illustrations 94 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Special Purpose and Application-Based Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site