Table of contents
Europe as Economic and Monetary Union: Market Integration without Institutional Adaptation?
A New European Model of Welfare or Splitting into a Rich and Poor Europe?
The Construction of the European Constitution. Chances and Threats of Civil Society and Democratic Participation
Politics of Equality and Difference: Transformation of Gender Roles and Labour Markets, Cultural and National Identities
About this book
Outstanding social scientists (economists, sociologists, political scientists, and policy researchers) discuss in this book the issue of the social aspects of European integration. For each field, they sketch out the main problems, provide a survey on the relevant literature, and point to areas wherein more research is needed. The science and research policy of the European Union is examined critically both in terms of relevant social issues and in terms of its organizational efficacy.
European Integration European Monetary Union European Union European Union (EU) European constitution Institution Integration Nation Transformation education gender gender roles migration politics trade unions
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-59443-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2001
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-63978-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-59443-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-3006
- Buy this book on publisher's site