About this book
This book provides a systematic approach to the design of predictor based controllers for (time-varying) linear systems with either (time-varying) input or state delays. Differently from those traditional predictor based controllers, which are infinite-dimensional static feedback laws and may cause difficulties in their practical implementation, this book develops a truncated predictor feedback (TPF) which involves only finite dimensional static state feedback.
Features and topics:
- A novel approach referred to as truncated predictor feedback for the stabilization of (time-varying) time-delay systems in both the continuous-time setting and the discrete-time setting is built systematically
- Semi-global and global stabilization problems of linear time-delay systems subject to either magnitude saturation or energy constraints are solved in a systematic manner
- Both stabilization of a single system and consensus of a group of systems (multi-agent systems) are treated in a unified manner by applying the truncated predictor feedback and predictor feedback
- The properties of the solutions to a class of parametric (differential and difference) Lyapunov matrix equations are presented in detail
- Detailed numerical examples and applications to the spacecraft rendezvous and formation flying problems are provided to demonstrate the usefulness of the presented theoretical results
This book can be a useful resource for the researchers, engineers, and graduate students in the fields of control, applied mathematics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and aerospace engineering.