Table of contents
About this book
The second edition of this book is intended as a definitive text on biliary tract and gallbladder cancers. Specifically, it will serve as a single-source reference on the current knowledge base for the multidisciplinary management of such cancers and thus covers epidemiological, surgical, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy approaches.
A key feature is the demonstration of the impact of cutting-edge technical knowledge on treatment; for example, interventional radiology techniques, novel surgical approaches, and image-guided radiation therapy are all extensively discussed. Diagnosis is also considered in detail, with coverage of novel serum biomarkers, pathologic staging, molecular profiling, and the full range of current and emerging imaging strategies. Further chapters are devoted to epidemiology, the role of growth factor pathways and signal transduction, and histopathology and molecular pathogenesis.
Experienced practitioners in a range of specialties will find this amply illustrated book to be an invaluable source of information on the newest diagnostic and treatment techniques in biliary tract and gallbladder cancer, yet it is also sufficiently concise to offer an introduction to the field for students and community practitioners.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Biliary Tract and Gallbladder Cancer
- Book Subtitle A Multidisciplinary Approach
Joseph M. Herman
Timothy M. Pawlik
Charles R. Thomas, Jr.
- Series Title Medical Radiology
- Series Abbreviated Title Medical Radiology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-40558-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-40557-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-52379-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-40558-7
- Series ISSN 0942-5373
- Series E-ISSN 2197-4187
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XVII, 342
- Number of Illustrations 103 b/w illustrations, 75 illustrations in colour
Imaging / Radiology
- Buy this book on publisher's site