Table of contents
About this book
This Soil Biology volume examines our current understanding of the mechanisms involved in the beneficial effects transferred to plants by endophytes such as rhizobial, actinorhizal, arbuscular mycorrhizal symbionts and yeasts.
Topics presented include how symbiosis starts on the molecular level; chemical signaling in mycorrhizal symbiosis; genomic and functional diversity of endophytes; nitrogen fixation; nutrient uptake and cycling; as well as plant protection against various stress conditions. Further, the use of beneficial microorganisms as biopesticides is discussed, particularly the application of Plant Growth Promoter Rhizobacteria (PGPR) in agriculture with the aim to increase yields.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-39317-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-39316-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-39317-4
- Series Print ISSN 1613-3382
- Series Online ISSN 2196-4831
- Buy this book on publisher's site