About this book
Since the publication of the 2nd edition, there have been substantial developments in the field of litter decomposition. This fully revised and updated 3rd edition of Plant Litter reflects and discusses new findings and re-evaluates earlier ones in light of recent research and with regard to current areas of investigation.
The availability of several long-term studies allows a more in-depth approach to decomposition patterns and to the later stages of decomposition, as well as to humus formation and accumulation.
The latest information focuses on three fields:
(i) the effects of manganese on decomposition and possibly on carbon sequestration,
(ii) new findings on decomposition dynamics, and
(iii) the new analytical technique using 13C-NMR.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-38821-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-38820-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-38821-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site