About this book
A team of launched and coordinated Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), requires advanced technologies in sensing, communication, computing, and control to improve their intelligence and robustness towards autonomous operations. To enhance reliability, robustness, and mission capability of a team of UAVs, a system-oriented and holistic approach is desirable in which all components and subsystems are considered in terms of their roles and impact on the entire system.
This volume aims to summarize the recent progress, identify challenges and opportunities, and develop new methodologies and systems on coordinated UAV control.
A group of experts working in this area have contributed to this volume in several related aspects of autonomous control of networked UAVs. Their papers introduce new control methodologies, algorithms, and systems that
address several important issues in developing intelligent, autonomous or semi-autonomous, networked systems for the next generation of UAVs. The papers share a common focus on improved coordination of the members of the networked system to accomplish a common mission, to achieve heightened capability in system reconfiguration to compensate for lost members or connections, and to enhance robustness against terrain complications and attacks.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-37694-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-37693-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-37694-8
- Series Print ISSN 0170-8643
- Series Online ISSN 1610-7411
- Buy this book on publisher's site