About this book
In 1994 the European Society of Urogenital Radiology (ESUR) set up a committee to consider the safety of contrast media used for diagnostic imaging. Subsequently the committee questioned ESUR members, reviewed the literature, proposed guidelines, and discussed these proposals with participants at the annual symposia of the society. The end result of this work was the successful first edition of this book, published in 2006, which was followed by an equally successful second edition in 2009. This third edition not only fully updates the previous edition, but also includes new chapters on complex topics such as use of contrast media in children and practical aspects of off-label contrast media use. The authorship includes members, past members, and non-members of the Contrast Media Safety Committee.
Comprehensive consideration is given to the many different safety issues relating to iodine-based contrast media, gadolinium-based contrast media, microbubbles for ultrasound, and barium sulfate. The text includes chapters on both acute and delayed non-renal adverse reactions and on renal adverse reactions. All of the questions frequently raised in radiological practice are addressed. This book, presented in a handy, easy-to-use format, provides an invaluable, unique, and unparalleled source of information.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-36724-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-36723-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-36724-3
- Series Print ISSN 0942-5373
- Series Online ISSN 2197-4187
- Buy this book on publisher's site