Table of contents
About this book
This research monograph provides a pedagogical and self-contained introduction to non-equilibrium quantum particle dynamics for inhomogeneous systems, including a survey of recent breakthroughs pioneered by the authors and other groups.
The theoretical approach is based on real-time Green’s functions (Keldysh Green’s functions), directly solving the two-time Kadanoff-Baym equations (KBE).
This field has seen a rapid development over the last decade, with new applications emerging in plasma physics, semiconductor optics and transport, nuclear matter and high-energy physics.
This text will be a valuable starting point and reference work for graduate students and researchers interested in the quantum dynamics of inhomogeneous systems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-35082-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-35081-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-35082-5
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site