About this book
Due to the increasing security and reliability demand of actual industrial process
control systems, the study on fault diagnosis and fault tolerant control of dynamic
systems has received considerable attention. Fault accommodation (FA) is one of
effective methods that can be used to enhance system stability and reliability, so it
has been widely and in-depth investigated and become a hot topic in recent years.
Fault detection is used to monitor whether a fault occurs, which is the first step in
FA. On the basis of fault detection, fault estimation (FE) is utilized to determine
online the magnitude of the fault, which is a very important step because the additional
controller is designed using the fault estimate. Compared with fault detection,
the design difficulties of FE would increase a lot, so research on FE and accommodation
is very challenging. Although there have been advancements reported on FE
and accommodation for dynamic systems, the common methods at the present stage
have design difficulties, which limit applications of respective design approaches.
Therefore, the problems of FE and accommodation are needed to be further studied.
This book considers the theory and technology of FE and accommodation for
dynamic systems, and establishes a systemic and comprehensive framework of FE
and accommodation for continuous/discrete-time systems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-33986-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-33985-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-33986-8
- Series Print ISSN 0170-8643
- Series Online ISSN 1610-7411
- Buy this book on publisher's site