About this book
The LNCS journal Transactions on Rough Sets is devoted to the entire spectrum of rough sets related issues, from logical and mathematical foundations, through all aspects of rough set theory and its applications, such as data mining, knowledge discovery, and intelligent information processing, to relations between rough sets
and other approaches to uncertainty, vagueness, and incompleteness, such as fuzzy sets and theory of evidence.
Volume XV offers a number of research streams that have grown out of the seminal work by Zdzislaw Pawlak. The 4 contributions included in this volume presents a rough set approach in machine learning; the introduction of multi-valued near set theory; the advent of a complete system that supports a rough-near set approach to digital image analysis; and an exhaustive study of the mathematics of vagueness.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-31903-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-31902-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-31903-7
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1861-2067
- Buy this book on publisher's site