About this book
In this book, the following three approaches to data analysis are presented:
- Test Theory, founded by Sergei V. Yablonskii (1924-1998); the first publications appeared in 1955 and 1958,
- Rough Sets, founded by Zdzisław I. Pawlak (1926-2006); the first publications appeared in 1981 and 1982,
- Logical Analysis of Data, founded by Peter L. Hammer (1936-2006); the first publications appeared in 1986 and 1988.
These three approaches have much in common, but researchers active in one of these areas often have a limited knowledge about the results and methods developed in the other two. On the other hand, each of the approaches shows some originality and we believe that the exchange of knowledge can stimulate further development of each of them. This can lead to new theoretical results and real-life applications and, in particular, new results based on combination of these three data analysis approaches can be expected.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28667-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-28666-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-28667-4
- Series Print ISSN 1868-4394
- Series Online ISSN 1868-4408
- Buy this book on publisher's site