About this book
"Cultural Composition" discusses the intrinsic relationship between culture imagery and visual expression, and for the first time proposed the concepts and methods that take culture as some design elements. Recursive mathematical logic is introduced to resolve the dynamic constitution of culture elements. The multi-level distribution of cultural elements has been demonstrated, the object of which can be refined as ICON. Culture is streamlined for ICON so as to enable it to be used in a creative way. With a cultural image mapping, ICON evokes the values of identity from the depths of feeling, making products endless charming. The proposition of "Cultural Composition" discovered the law how culture appears and changes in design.
"Cultural Composition" takes Chinese culture as an example, through hundreds of illustrations, enumerated a large number of design work which contain typical culture elements, showing how culture elements appeals in daily-use things intuitively. It has both high theory value and practical value.
Prof. Yunhe Pan is a member of Chinese Academy of Engineering, and also a professor at the College of Computer Science and Technology, Zhejiang University, China. His research area includes digital preservation for cultural heritages, digital library, and intelligent human animation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28157-0
- Copyright Information Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-28156-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-28157-0
- Series Print ISSN 1995-6819
- Series Online ISSN 1995-6827
- Buy this book on publisher's site