Table of contents
About this book
This book is the first text of its kind that presents both the traditional and the modern aspects of dialysis modeling and control in a clear, insightful and highly comprehensive writing style. It provides an in-depth analysis of the mathematical models and algorithms, and demonstrates their applications in real world problems of significant complexity. It explains concepts in a clear, matter-of-fact style. The material of this book will be useful to advanced undergraduate and graduate biomedical engineering students. Also, researchers and practitioners in the field of dialysis, control systems, soft computing will benefit from it.
In order to make the reader aware of the applied side of the subject, the book includes:
Chapter openers with a chapter outline, chapter objectives, key terms list, and abstract.
Solved numerical examples to illustrate the application of a particular concept, and also to encourage good problem-solving skills.
More than 1000 questions to give the readers a better insight to the subject.
Case studies to understand the significance of the joint usage of the dialysis modeling and control techniques in interesting problems of the real world.
latest information, including latest research surveys and references related to the subjects
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Modeling and Control of Dialysis Systems
- Book Subtitle Volume 2: Biofeedback Systems and Soft Computing Techniques of Dialysis
Ahmad Taher Azar
- Series Title Studies in Computational Intelligence
- Series Abbreviated Title Studies Comp.Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27558-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-27557-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-52162-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-27558-6
- Series ISSN 1860-949X
- Series E-ISSN 1860-9503
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 860
- Number of Illustrations 174 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“This is the second volume in a two-volume set that provides an extensive educational resource on the fundamentals of dialysis. … It is a unique resource intended for biomedical engineering students at a graduate level, system analysts, and biomedical researchers. Although designed for a number of courses, it also would be useful to nephrologists, nurses, and technicians in the dialysis community. … The overall design is creative, including helpful figures and colorful images to enhance the text.” (Jon Webb, Doody's Book Reviews, April, 2013)