About these proceedings
Collective intelligence has become an attractive subject of interest for both academia and industry. More and more conferences and workshops discuss the impact of the users‘ motivation to participate in the value creation process, the enabling role of leading-edge information and communication technologies and the need for better algorithms to deal with the growing amount of shared data. There are many interesting and challenging topics that need to be researched and discussed with respect to knowledge creation, creativity and innovation processes carried forward in the emerging communities of practice.
COLLIN is on the path to become the flagship conference in the areas of collective intelligence and ICT-enabled social networking. We were delighted to again receive contributions from different parts of the world including Australia, Europe, Asia, and the United States. Encouraged by the positive response, we plan COLLIN 2012 to be held next year end of August at FernUniverstität in Hagen.
In order to guarantee the quality of the event, each paper went through a doubleblind review process. The reviews concentrated on originality, quality and relevance of the paper topic to the symposium. In addition, we invited a few renowned experts in the field to contribute to the success of the symposium with outstanding papers reporting on their most recent research. Our special thanks go to the authors for submitting their papers, to the international program committee members, and to numerous reviewers who did an excellent job in guaranteeing that the papers in this volume are of very high quality.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Collective Intelligence 2011
- Series Title Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-25321-8
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-25320-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-25321-8
- Series ISSN 1867-5662
- Series E-ISSN 1867-5670
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 170
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
IT in Business
- Buy this book on publisher's site