About this book
Selenium has a long history of association with human health and disease. This essential trace element exerts its important biological role in selenoproteins. "Selenoproteins and Mimics" presents the latest developments in selenoproteins, their functional imitation by biomimetic chemistry and biology, and their relationship with human health and diseases. This book provides both the basic biology and biochemistry knowledge of selenoproteins, and sophisticated approaches for the development of new selenoprotein mimics. It's a valuable reference for researchers in biological technology, chemical syntheses, and medicine design.
Junqiu Liu is a professor at the State Key Lab of Supramolecular Structure and Materials, Jilin University, China. Guimin Luo is a professor at the Key Lab of Molecular Enzymology and Engineering of the Ministry of Education, Jilin University, China.Ying Mu is a professor at the State Key Lab of Industrial Control Technology, Zhejiang University, and guest professor at the Key Lab of Molecular Enzymology and Engineering of the Ministry of Education, Jilin University, China.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22236-8
- Copyright Information Zhejiang University Press,Hangzhou and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-22235-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-22236-8
- Series Print ISSN 1995-6819
- Buy this book on publisher's site