About this book
Written by leading teledermatologists and telemedicine experts, this hands-on guide addresses the practical needs of the many emerging teledermatology services worldwide. It:
• Covers the medical and technical prerequisites for such services as well as the photographic imaging essentials
• Illustrates the performance of teledermatology by way of clinical examples
• Discusses teledermatology in underdeveloped countries
• Presents specialized methods of teledermatology
• Explores the impact of telemedicine on the doctor-patient relationship
• Explains the advantages that accrue from improving access to expert knowledge
• Pays careful attention to quality assurance, legal assumptions, economic aspects, and the future horizons of such health care services.
• Includes a comprehensive appendix comprising education and training opportunities, sample protocols, consent forms, information sheets, references, and relevant web links
This guide is a must-have for all those who treat patients with inflammatory and neoplastic skin diseases.