Table of contents
About this book
Nanoscale objects have properties leading to specific kinds of behaviour, sometimes exacerbating their chemical reactivity, physical behaviour, or potential to penetrate deeply within living organisms. Hence it is important to ensure the responsible and safe development of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies.
This fourth volume in the Nanoscience series should make its mark, by presenting the state of the art in the fields of nanotoxicology and nanoethics.
This is the first book to combine both scientific knowledge and ethical and social recommendations. It also presents specific policies on nanotechnologies set up by national and international authorities. This book is of interest to engineers, researchers, and graduate students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-20177-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-20176-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-20177-6