About this book
The book is intended for advanced undergraduates and graduate students of physics and engineering, as well as research scientists and engineers working in related fields.
Qingming Tan is a former researcher at the Institute of Mechanics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Book Title Dimensional Analysis
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19234-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-19233-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-44806-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-19234-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 186
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information An enlarged English edition based on the Chinese edition, Lianggang Fenxi, published by The Press of University of Science and Technology of China in 2005.
Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Classical and Continuum Physics
Geoengineering, Foundations, Hydraulics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
“The reader is attracted by the variety of technological problems treatable with dimensional analysis, like resistance of ships, lubrication, water waves, deflections of beams, fracture, explosions, blasting and jets. Another merit of the book is that of the correct formulation of the mathematical versions of the problems considered. … recommended to specialists or to students.” (Piero Villaggio, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1233, 2012)