About this book
"Quality-Based Content Delivery over the Internet" mainly discusses the methodology of doing quality-based content delivery in an Internet environment. Because the network is becoming intelligent and active, more and more researchers are talking about achieving personalization and customization in Internet content delivery. As researchers are aware, by introducing intelligence into a web intermediary server, they can make the content delivery more efficient and of higher quality. Still, the detailed methodology of doing so is never illustrated fully. The most critical part will be the active content transformation model. This book gives a detailed description of the active content transformation model, and provides experiments and data to show its feasibility. Some examples of how to do efficient content transformation in active web intermediary to achieve high quality are also presented to help understand the whole process.
The book is an introduction and excellent reference for researchers in the Internet content delivery area.
Dr. Xiang Li is an associate professor at Shanghai Jiao Tong University and the vice director of “National Research Lab of Content Analysis”, China; Dr. Jianhua Li is a professor at the same university and the director of the same lab.
- Book Title Quality-Based Content Delivery over the Internet
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19146-6
- Copyright Information Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press, Shanghai and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-19145-9
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-19146-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 142
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press
Computer Systems Organization and Communication Networks
Computer Communication Networks
Computer System Implementation
- Buy this book on publisher's site