Table of contents
About this book
Multidisciplinary and trans-cultural …
This book provides an up-to-date review of the current state of care, treatment and prevention in child and adolescent mental health from multidisciplinary and trans-cultural perspectives. Systems of care, services and interventions in selected parts of the world are described by leading experts with a focus on
the current status of services in the respective parts of the world
the major needs and deficits in identifying mental health problems in children and adolescents (awareness and diagnosis)
the major needs in treatment, care and prevention
realistic proposals on how to improve the situation of children and adolescents who suffer from, or are at risk for, mental health problems.
In addition, the major principles and strategies of treatment and intervention are described, on an empirical basis, using a selected number of treatment approaches and treatment settings as examples.
Finally, the possibilities, strategies and limitations of early detection and prevention are reviewed with the aim of improving the living conditions of children and families in need of mental health support.
… a valuable resource for mental health workers all over the world!
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Facilitating Pathways
- Book Subtitle Care, Treatment and Prevention in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-18611-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-21088-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-62197-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-18611-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 341
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site