Table of contents
About this book
Handy – concise – clear
The “always on-hand” pocket guide to the treatment of infectious diseases.
- The most important antibiotics and antimycotics:
Spectrum – dosage – side-effects
- Numerous tables sorted by substances, pathogens, indications
- Administration of antibiotics during pregnancy, renal and hepatic insufficiency, dialysis
- Including statements on the cost of therapy
Numerous tips and troubleshooting guides on topics such as:
- Potential mistakes
- Therapy failures
- Perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis
Adjusted to European standards:
Up-to-date substances, authorizations, resistances and trade names.
The first guide to antibiotic therapy for Europe!
All in all, an approach that looks towards the future in which antimicrobial resistance will certainly represent an ever-growing obstacle for the medical class, and for which books like this will undoubtedly represent a precious resource.
Giuseppe Cornaglia, MD, PhD
President, European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID)
This book will most certainly be a valuable asset for all those treating patients with infections. While primarily aimed at the hospital setting, most of the very useful information can certainly be used in other healthcare settings, too.
Professor of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre and Canisius-Wilhelmina Hospital
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Book Title The Daschner Guide to In-Hospital Antibiotic Therapy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-18402-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-18401-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-18402-4
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages , 300
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 20 illustrations in colour
Intensive / Critical Care Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site