Table of contents
About this book
Supervision, condition-monitoring, fault detection, fault diagnosis and fault management play an increasing role for technical processes and vehicles in order to improve reliability, availability, maintenance and lifetime. For safety-related processes fault-tolerant systems with redundancy are required in order to reach comprehensive system integrity.
This book is a sequel of the book “Fault-Diagnosis Systems” published in 2006, where the basic methods were described. After a short introduction into fault-detection and fault-diagnosis methods the book shows how these methods can be applied for a selection of 20 real technical components and processes as examples, such as:
Electrical drives (DC, AC)
Fluidic actuators (hydraulic, pneumatic)
Centrifugal and reciprocating pumps
Pipelines (leak detection)
Machine tools (main and feed drive, drilling, milling, grinding)
Also realized fault-tolerant systems for electrical drives, actuators and sensors are presented.
The book describes why and how the various signal-model-based and process-model-based methods were applied and which experimental results could be achieved. In several cases a combination of different methods was most successful.
The book is dedicated to graduate students of electrical, mechanical, chemical engineering and computer science and for engineers.
- Book Title Fault-Diagnosis Applications
- Book Subtitle Model-Based Condition Monitoring: Actuators, Drives, Machinery, Plants, Sensors, and Fault-tolerant Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-12767-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-12766-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-43476-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-12767-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 354
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Control, Robotics, Mechatronics
Quality Control, Reliability, Safety and Risk
Statistics for Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry and Earth Sciences
Systems Theory, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site