About this book
The book series on manufacturing processes for engineers is a reference work for scientific and industrial experts. This volume on Turning, Milling and Drilling starts from the basic principles of machining with geometrically defined cutting edges based on a common active principle. In addition, appropriate tool designs as well as the reasonable use of cutting material are presented. A detailed chapter about the machinability of the most important workpiece materials, such as steel and cast iron, light metal alloys and high temperature resistant materials imparts a broad knowledge of the interrelations between workpiece materials, cutting materials and process parameters.
This book is in the RWTHedition Series as are the other four volumes of the reference work.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-11979-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-11978-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-11979-8
- Series Print ISSN 1865-0899
- Series Online ISSN 1865-0902
- About this book