About this book
This book is the first complete guide to valuation in life sciences for industry professionals, investors, and academics. Boris Bogdan and Ralph Villiger introduce the characteristics of drug and medical device development, explain how to translate these into the valuation, and provide valuable industry data. After guiding the reader through the theory of valuation, including DCF, decision trees, and real options, the authors demonstrate how to value projects, patents, licences, firms, and stocks on real-life examples, even treating complex licence and company structures. Special emphasis is put on the practicability of the proposed methods by including many hands-on examples, without compromising on realistic results.
The 3rd edition of the successful work includes new studies about success rates and about drug development in the biotech industry and their influence on valuation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-10820-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-10819-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-10820-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site