About this book
This book provides a comprehensive discussion on urban growth and sprawl, and how they can be analyzed using remote sensing imageries. It compiles the views of numerous researchers which help in understanding urban growth and sprawl; their patterns, process, causes, consequences, and countermeasures; how remote sensing data and geographic information system techniques can be used in mapping, monitoring, measuring, analyzing, and simulating the urban growth and sprawl; and the merits and demerits of current methods and models.
Scientists and researchers engaged in urban geographic research will benefit greatly from this book, especially when using remote sensing imageries. Post graduate students of urban geography or urban/regional planning may refer to this book for additional information. This book should also assist academicians when preparing lecture notes and delivering lectures. Professionals in related fields in industry will appreciate the methods and models discussed as well as the many citations.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-05299-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05298-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-05299-6
- Series Print ISSN 1867-2434
- Series Online ISSN 1867-2442
- About this book