About this book
Homogenization is not about periodicity, or Gamma-convergence, but about understanding which effective equations to use at macroscopic level, knowing which partial differential equations govern mesoscopic levels, without using probabilities (which destroy physical reality); instead, one uses various topologies of weak type, the G-convergence of Sergio Spagnolo, the H-convergence of François Murat and the author, and some responsible for the appearance of nonlocal effects, which many theories in continuum mechanics or physics guessed wrongly.
For a better understanding of 20th century science, new mathematical tools must be introduced, like the author’s H-measures, variants by Patrick Gérard, and others yet to be discovered.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-05195-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05194-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-05195-1
- Series Print ISSN 1862-9113
- Buy this book on publisher's site