Table of contents
About this book
Research in computational intelligence is directed toward building thinking machines and improving our understanding of intelligence. As evident, the ultimate achievement in this field would be to mimic or exceed human cognitive capabilities including reasoning, recognition, creativity, emotions, understanding, learning and so on. In this book, the authors illustrate an hybrid computational intelligence framework and it applications for various problem solving tasks. Based on tree-structure based encoding and the specific function operators, the models can be flexibly constructed and evolved by using simple computational intelligence techniques. The main idea behind this model is the flexible neural tree, which is very adaptive, accurate and efficient. Based on the pre-defined instruction/operator sets, a flexible neural tree model can be created and evolved.
This volume comprises of 6 chapters including an introductory chapter giving the fundamental definitions and the last Chapter provides some important research challenges. Academics, scientists as well as engineers engaged in research, development and application of computational intelligence techniques and data mining will find the comprehensive coverage of this book invaluable.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04739-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-04738-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-04739-8
- Series Print ISSN 1868-4394
- Series Online ISSN 1868-4408
- Buy this book on publisher's site