About this book
"Continuum Damage Mechanics and Numerical Applications" presents a systematic development of the theory of Continuum Damage Mechanics and its numerical engineering applications using a unified form of the mathematical formulations in anisotropic and isotropic damage models. The theoretical framework is based on the thermodynamic theory of energy and material dissipation and is described by a set of fundamental formulations of constitutive equations of damaged materials, development equations of the damaged state, and evolution equations of micro-structures. According to concepts of damage-dissipation of the material state and effective evolution of material properties, all these advanced equations, which take nonsymmetrized effects of damage aspects into account, are developed and modified from the traditional general failure models so they are more easily applied and verified in a wide range of engineering practices by experimental testing.
Dr. Wohua Zhang is a Professor at Engineering Mechanics Research Center in Zhejiang University of China. Dr. Yuanqiang Cai is a Professor at Department of Civil Engineering in Zhejiang University of China.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04708-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-04707-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-04708-4
- Series Print ISSN 1995-6819
- Series Online ISSN 1995-6827
- Buy this book on publisher's site