Table of contents
About this book
Thinking is one of the most fascinating and characteristic abilities of human beings. To advance our understanding of this distinctive feature that makes us human is not only an exciting scientific challenge but also of great relevance in terms of coping with more and more complex challenges of the world we live in and in terms of becoming the core value creation process in an increasingly knowledge-based economy.
The present book is the second volume of the Parmenides book series "On Thinking" dedicated to explore current approaches and contributions towards a fuller understanding of human thought processes.
It focuses on assembling building blocks for a conceptual framework that might - after several iterations – contribute to a future theory of thinking. It brings together an international group of leading scientists coming from the different fields upon which a theory of thinking must build: brain and cognitive sciences, experimental and developmental psychology, evolutionary anthropology and biology, linguistics, transcultural neuroimaging, modeling and philosophy.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Towards a Theory of Thinking
- Book Subtitle Building Blocks for a Conceptual Framework
- Series Title On Thinking
- Series Abbreviated Title On Thinking
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-03129-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-03128-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-26251-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-03129-8
- Series ISSN 1867-4208
- Series E-ISSN 1867-4216
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 380
- Number of Illustrations 42 b/w illustrations, 16 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site