Table of contents
About this book
This book is the outcome of the Dagstuhl Seminar on "Similarity-Based Clustering" held at Dagstuhl Castle, Germany, in Spring 2007.
In three chapters, the three fundamental aspects of a theoretical background, the representation of data and their connection to algorithms, and particular challenging applications are considered. Topics discussed concern a theoretical investigation and foundation of prototype based learning algorithms, the development and extension of models to directions such as general data structures and the application for the domain of medicine and biology.
Similarity based methods find widespread applications in diverse application domains, including biomedical problems, but also in remote sensing, geoscience or other technical domains. The presentations give a good overview about important research results in similarity-based learning, whereby the character of overview articles with references to correlated research articles makes the contributions particularly suited for a first reading concerning these topics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-01805-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-01804-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-01805-3
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book