About these proceedings
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the First Workshop on Self-sustaining Systems, S3, held in Potsdam, Germany, in May 2008.
S3 is a forum for discussion of topics relating to computer systems and languages that are able to bootstrap, implement, modify, and maintain themselves. One property of these systems is that their implementation is based on small but powerful abstractions; examples include (amongst others) Squeak/Smalltalk, COLA, Klein/Self, PyPy/Python, Rubinius/Ruby, and Lisp. Such systems are the engines of their own replacement, giving researchers and developers great power to experiment with, and explore future directions from within their own small language kernels.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-89275-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-89274-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-89275-5
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book