About this book
Business process modeling plays an important role in the management of business processes. As valuable design artifacts, business process models are subject to quality considerations. The absence of formal errors such as deadlocks is of paramount importance for the subsequent implementation of the process.
In his book Jan Mendling develops a framework for the detection of formal errors in business process models and the prediction of error probability based on quality attributes of these models (metrics). He presents a precise description of Event-driven Process Chains (EPCs), their control-flow semantics and a suitable correctness criterion called EPC soundness.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-89224-3
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-89223-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-89224-3
- Series Print ISSN 1865-1348
- Series Online ISSN 1865-1356
- Buy this book on publisher's site