Table of contents
About this book
This book is devoted to graduate students and researchers with different scientific background (including physics, mathematics, biology, neuroscience, etc.) who wish to learn brain science beyond the boundary of their fields.
The volume presents 12 thoroughly revised tutorial papers based on lectures given by leading researchers at the 12th International Summer School on Neural Networks in Erice, Italy, in December 2007.
The 12 invited and contributed papers presented provide primarily high-level tutorial coverage of the fields related to neuraldynamics, reporting recent experimental and theoretical results investigating the role of collective dynamics in hippocampal and parahippocampal regions and in the mammalian olfactory system. The book is divided into topical sections on hippocampus and neural oscillations, dynamics in olfactory system and behaviour, correlation structure of spiking trains, and neural network theories on associative memory.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-88853-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-88852-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-88853-6
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book