Table of contents
Focus on Innovation
Affect and Gaming
Fun n’Games for Young and Old
About these proceedings
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the Second International Conference on Fun and Games, held in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, in October 2008.
The 17 revised full papers, presented together with 2 invited talks were carefully reviewed and selected from a total of 36 submissions. The papers encompass the study of computer games, game development and experiences by researchers from social sciences, computing, electrical engineering, design, etc. Main focus is given to topics such as tightly-coupled embodied control of movement-sensitive mobile devices, hypercomputation and cultural computing, emerging gaming paradigms, concepts and platforms to support gaming, affective aspects of gaming, and finally to the notion of serious games to help provide cognitive or physiological training.
Editors and affiliations
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-88321-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-88322-7
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349