About this book
Data mining consists of attempting to discover novel and useful knowledge from data, trying to find patterns among datasets that can help in intelligent decision making. However, reports of real-world case studies are not generally detailed in the literature, due to the fact that they are usually based on proprietary datasets, making it impossible to publish the results. This kind of situation makes hard to evaluate, in a precise way, the degree of effectiveness of data mining techniques in real-world applications. On the other hand, researchers of this field of expertise usually exploit public-domain datasets.
This volume offers a wide spectrum of research work developed for data mining for real-world application. In the following, we give a brief introduction of the chapters that are included in this book.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-88045-5
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-88044-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-88045-5
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- About this book