About this book
The third volume of Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery continues in the excellent tradition of this unique series. The new volume offers readers a comprehensive update on a number of complex and challenging orbital disorders, including idiopathic orbital inflammation, ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative disorders, metastatic orbital tumors, and the latest therapies in the management of capillary hemangiomas, periorbital infections, and orbital and periorbital malignancies using specific targeted therapies. Modern concepts in orbital imaging are also highlighted, as are controversies in enucleation techniques with suggestions regarding the most effective ocular implants.
Management of complex eyelid and periorbital problems is presented. This includes chapters on managing orbitofacial neurofibromatosis 1 and brow suspension for complicated unilateral ptosis. In addition, systemic and ophthalmic anomalies in congenital anophthalmos and microphthalmos are comprehensively reviewed.
Lacrimal disorders, including the diagnosis and management of canalicular obstruction and lesions of the lacrimal drainage system encountered with dacryocystorhinostomy, are also presented.
The area of cosmetic surgery is thoroughly covered in an extensive chapter discussing pearls in cosmetic oculofacial plastic surgery and another chapter presenting the latest concepts in using fillers for volume enhancement in the orbit and periorbit.
As with the previous two volumes, the presentation of the latest concepts and management techniques in the field of oculofacial plastic surgery will prove to be an invaluable resource for both the comprehensive ophthalmologist and the subspecialist with a particular interest in disorders of the orbit, eyelids, and lacrimal system.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Oculoplastics and Orbit
- Book Subtitle Aesthetic and Functional Oculofacial Plastic Problem-Solving in the 21st Century
Rudolf F. Guthoff
James A. Katowitz
- Series Title Essentials in Ophthalmology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85542-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-85541-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-50210-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-85542-2
- Series ISSN 1612-3212
- Series E-ISSN 2196-890X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 235
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Buy this book on publisher's site