About this book
The purpose of this volume is to present current work of the Intelligent Computer Graphics community, a community growing up year after year. Indeed, if at the beginning of Computer Graphics the use of Artificial Intelligence techniques was quite unknown, more and more researchers all over the world are nowadays interested in intelligent techniques allowing substantial improvements of traditional Computer Graphics methods. The other main contribution of intelligent techniques in Computer Graphics is to allow invention of completely new methods, often based on automation of a lot of tasks assumed in the past by the user in an imprecise and (human) time consuming manner.
This volume contains both invited and selected extended papers from the last 3IA Conference (3IA’2008), together with an introduction presenting the area of Intelligent Computer Graphics and various Computer Graphics areas where introduction of intelligent techniques permitted to resolve important problems. We hope that this volume will be interesting for the reader and that it will convince him (her) to use, or to invent, intelligent techniques in Computer Graphics and, maybe, to join the Intelligent Computer Graphics community.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85128-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-85127-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-85128-8
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site