About this book
The CIME Summer School held in Cetraro, Italy, in 2006 addressed researchers interested in the mathematical study of quantum transport models.
In this volume, a result of the above mentioned Summer School, four leading specialists present different aspects of quantum transport modelling. Allaire introduces the periodic homogenization theory, with a particular emphasis on applications to the Schrödinger equation. Arnold focuses on several quantum evolution equations that are used for quantum semiconductor device simulations. Degond presents quantum hydrodynamic and diffusion models starting from the entropy minimization principle. Hou provides the state-of-the-art survey of the multiscale analysis, modelling and simulation of transport phenomena.
The volume contains accurate expositions of the main aspects of quantum transport modelling and provides an excellent basis for researchers in this field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-79574-2
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-79573-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-79574-2
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Buy this book on publisher's site