Table of contents
Thought, Communication, and Actions
Creative Community Working on Multidisciplinary Data
Discoveries from Data and Application to Business
Mining Risks from Multidisciplinary Data
About this book
A number of urgent problems are rising to human life: The attack of terrorists is hard to predict, due to the hidden leaderships. New diseases are hard to extinguish, due to their new causes. Products may be shortly abandoned, due to the appearance of new desires.
A common feature of recent socially high-impact problems, such as detecting the causal virus of SARS, is that they are open to multiple scientific domains. In order to respond to this social requirement, this book collects selected papers by authors for CODATA 2006, which are relevant to the discoveries of knowledge, risk, and opportunities by combining data from multiple disciplines.
By presenting papers in this book, we aim at urging the development of data-based methods and methodologies for interdisciplinary and creative communications for solving emerging social problems. The reader shall view the direction to combine three methodological frameworks: data mining, data sharing, and communication in the contexts of sciences and businesses.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-78733-4
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-78732-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-78733-4
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Buy this book on publisher's site