About this book
The present book addresses fundamental questions of biological energy transformation and conservation, with a focus on those processes which can now be understood on a structural basis.
Current knowledge of selected examples of the biological energy conservation machinery such as cellular oxygen respiration, light-driven energy converters, and fermentation is reviewed. The machinery is highly variable, particularly that within microorganisms, but all of these devices universally rely on one unique underlying physico-chemical principle.
The book is a rich source for specialists interested in recent developments in bioenergetics research and novices in the field alike.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-78622-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-78621-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-78622-1
- Series Print ISSN 0080-1844
- Buy this book on publisher's site