Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a detailed derivation of the spectral properties of the Recursion Operators allowing one to derive all the fundamental properties of the soliton equations and to study their Hamiltonian hierarchies. Thus it is demonstrated that the inverse scattering method for solving soliton equations is a nonlinear generalization of the Fourier transform.
The book brings together the spectral and the geometric approaches and as such
will be useful to a wide readership: from researchers in the field of nonlinear
completely integrable evolution equations to graduate and post-graduate students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-77054-1
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-77053-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-77054-1
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Buy this book on publisher's site