About this book
From the reviews:
"[...] an efficient reference book for many fundamental techniques of Riemannian geometry. [...] despite its length, the reader will have no difficulty in getting the feel of its contents and discovering excellent examples of all interaction of geometry with partial differential equations, topology, and Lie groups. Above all, the book provides a clear insight into the scope and diversity of problems posed by its title."
S.M. Salamon in MathSciNet 1988
"It seemed likely to anyone who read the previous book by the same author, namely "Manifolds all of whose geodesic are closed", that the present book would be one of the most important ever published on Riemannian geometry. This prophecy is indeed fulfilled."
T.J. Wilmore in Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 1987
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-74311-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1987
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-74120-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-74311-8
- Series Print ISSN 1431-0821
- Buy this book on publisher's site