About this book
This work presents the foundations of dynamics and control for ultrasonic processing systems. The intention is to bridge the gap between theory and the practical application of ultrasonic technology.
This book considers ultrasonic systems as special vibratory machines that function by exploiting nonlinear dynamic processes. Recommendations are given for designing and tuning ultrasonic machines.
The ultrasonic machines analysed are predominantly concerned with the processing of solids. Applications include: ultrasonic erosion, ultrasonic hardening, ultrasonic welding, ultrasonically assisted plastic deformation, ultrasonically assisted turning, and ultrasonically assisted drilling.
This book is intended for advanced students, engineers and researchers who are involved with the study, design and application of ultrasonic processing systems. Lecturers and students should also find useful examples of practical analysis and the application of nonlinear dynamical systems subjected to high frequency vibration.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-72061-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-72060-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-72061-4
- Series Print ISSN 1612-1384
- Buy this book on publisher's site