Table of contents
About this book
The purpose of this book is to give a comprehensive exposition of the theory of pointwise multipliers acting in pairs of spaces of differentiable functions. The theory was essentially developed by the authors during the last thirty years and the present volume is mainly based on their results.
Part I is devoted to the theory of multipliers and encloses the following topics: trace inequalities, analytic characterization of multipliers, relations between spaces of Sobolev multipliers and other function spaces, maximal subalgebras of multiplier spaces, traces and extensions of multipliers, essential norm and compactness of multipliers, and miscellaneous properties of multipliers.
Part II concerns several applications of this theory: continuity and compactness of differential operators in pairs of Sobolev spaces, multipliers as solutions to linear and quasilinear elliptic equations, higher regularity in the single and double layer potential theory for Lipschitz domains, regularity of the boundary in $L_p$-theory of elliptic boundary value problems, and singular integral operators in Sobolev spaces.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-69492-2
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-69490-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-69492-2
- Series Print ISSN 0072-7830
- Buy this book on publisher's site