About these proceedings
This book consists of contributions given in honor of Wolfgang J.R. Hoefer. Space and time discretizing time domain methods for electromagnetic full-wave simulation have emerged as key numerical methods in computational electromagnetics. Time domain methods are versatile and can be applied to the solution of a wide range of electromagnetic field problems. Computing the response of an electromagnetic structure to an impulsive excitation localized in space and time provides a comprehensive characterization of the electromagnetic properties of the structure in a wide frequency range. The most important methods are the Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) and the Transmission Line Matrix (TLM) methods.
The contributions represent the state of the art in dealing with time domain methods in modern engineering electrodynamics for electromagnetic modeling in general, the Transmission Line Matrix (TLM) method, the application of network concepts to electromagnetic field modeling, circuit and system applications and, finally, with broadband devices, systems and measurement techniques.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-68768-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-68766-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-68768-9
- Series Print ISSN 0930-8989
- Buy this book on publisher's site