Table of contents
About this book
Handy – concise – clear
The "always on-hand" pocket guide to the treatment of infectious diseases.
- The most important antibiotics and antimycotics:
Spectrum – dosage – side-effects
- Numerous tables sorted by substances, pathogens, indications
- Administration of antibiotics during pregnancy, renal and hepatic insufficiency, dialysis
- Including statements on the cost of therapy
Numerous tips and troubleshooting guides:
- Potential mistakes
- Therapy failures
- Perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis
Adjusted to European standards:
Up-to-date substances, authorizations, resistances and trade names.
The first guide to antibiotic therapy for Europe!
This book will most certainly be a valuable asset for all those treating patients with infections. While primarily aimed at the hospital setting, most of the very useful information can certainly be used in other healthcare settings, too.
Professor of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Control
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre and Canisius-Wilhelmina Hospital
Nijmegen, The Netherlands