Table of contents
Composition and Extraction of Egg Components
Egg Yolk Compounds
Egg White Compounds
Egg Shell Compounds
Use of Egg Compounds for Human Nutrition
About this book
Hen eggs have exceptional potential as an inexhaustible source for a variety of products with unique properties. These products are valuable to human health and nutrition and can be used as raw materials for diverse purposes in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
Bioactive Egg Compounds presents the latest results and concepts in the biotechnological use of egg compounds. Following an introduction to the different compounds of egg white, yolk and shell, the nutritive value of egg compounds is discussed. Procedures for processing egg compounds to improve their nutritive value are described, including the concept of so-called enriched eggs. Also described is the isolation and application of egg compounds with special properties, such as antibiotic action.
The chapters are by authors from 12 countries, all renowned specialists, who are active in various fields of egg research, such as quality control, biochemistry, biophysics and biotechnology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Bioactive Egg Compounds
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-37885-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-37883-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-07238-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-37885-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 298
- Number of Illustrations 30 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site